Perkins Marine E44/E70 Powered Generating Sets
Perkins marine diesel engine powered generating sets are offered in varying HP and kVA that are heat exchanger cooled as standard, keel cooling is available as an alternative and radiator cooling is optional on selected sets. We offer a large menu of ancillary equipment and accessories that you may tailor to suit your individual bespoke needs. Once you have ordered your open framed or acoustically enclosed generating set it is individually built to order and too classification standard if it is required. The generators driven by the Perkins engine are as standard manufactured by Mecc Alte but other options are available such as Newage Stamford (now Cummins Generator Technology) and Leroy Somer.
|kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 50 Hz - 1,500 rpm
||kVA Rating 3 Phase @ 0.8 PF 60 Hz - 1,800 rpm
||Generating Set Model
Included in the Generating Set Price
Fully classifiable specification suitable for survey including: duplex change over fuel filters and flexible fuel connections for inlet and return, fire retardant and ‘type’ approved; double skinned (sheathed) fuel injector pipes with leakage alarm; Alarm switches to meet most requirements.
Beta Marine Generating Sets – Specifications
Marine Generating Set having a continuous rated “Prime” power output, 3 phase, at 0.8P.F., with a capability for 10% overload in accordance with ISO standard; designed, built and tested by Beta Marine Limited, each comprising:
- Powered by a Perkins Marine specification heat exchanger cooled auxiliary diesel engine and rated for continuous operation in accordance with ISO 3046.
- Heat exchanger cooling complete with cupro-nickel tube bundle, with fresh and sea water pumps, including lubricating oil cooler.
- Water cooled exhaust manifolds with dry exhaust stub.
- 24 volt electric start system with battery charging alternator and stop solenoid valve. Marine type insulated return. Engine wiring to mounted panel.
- Combined start, alarm and shutdown panel engine mounted and pre-wired to engine components and including: Com-Ap InteliDrive automatic engine controller providing start/stop controls, Monitoring of oil pressure, coolant temperature, engine speed, hours run meter, etc and shutdown on fault of low lubricating oil pressure, high coolant temperature, and overspeed; Necessary indicators for faults and provision for connection of customers remote monitoring etc.
- Electronic speed governor to control engine speed to the requirements of ISO 3046 for diesel generating set.
- Perkins Marine fuel oil, lubricating oil and combustion air filters. Flexible fuel connections having ‘type’ approved materials. Lube oil sump drain pump.
- Mecc Alte alternator marine rated to ISO standard, 4 pole, brushless, self ventilated with IP 22 protection, twin bearing construction. The generator is self regulating and self excited and is complete with terminal box and automatic voltage regulator. Alternators are selected to give marine ratings for class ‘F’ temperature rises in marine ambient engine room temperatures of 45ºC. Supplied complete with automatic voltage regulator and terminal box for connection of customers cables.
- Engine and generator are close coupled together and mounted on a combined welded steel base plate.
- Marine failsafe anti-vibration mountings to isolate the set from the ships seating.
- Paint: Perkins Blue and Black.
- Each generating set is “full load” tested in accordance with our quality document QA001. On turbocharged engines load acceptance is limited in accordance with ISO 3046.